Salsa verde fish with warm salad
(at time of publication)
- 800g new potatoes, halved
- 6 radishes, halved
- 2 capsicums (red and yellow), sliced
- 300g baby carrots, trimmed
- 2 lemons, juice and zest of lemon lemon one, the other in wedges, to serve
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed (optional)
- 2 teaspoons capers
- ¾ cup fresh basil or parsley, plus extra to serve
- 4 x 170g firm white fish steaks or fillets, eg, tarakihi
1 Preheat oven to 200°C. In a saucepan of boiling water, place potatoes and cook for 5 minutes, then drain.
2 In a large ovenproof dish, place potatoes, radishes, capsicums and carrots. Spray with oil and cook for 25 minutes, or until potatoes are lightly golden, turning once.
3 Meanwhile, in a food processor, blitz lemon juice and zest, olive oil, garlic (if using), capers and basil or parsley with ¹/³ cup water, until well blended. Season to taste.
4 Spray a non-stick frying pan with a little oil and set over a medium high heat. Season fish. Pan-fry for 3-4 minutes, turning once.
5 Divide fish among 4 plates. Add some roasted veges. Drizzle salsa verde over. Serve with extra herbs, if desired, lemon wedges
Make it low FODMAP: Omit the garlic or swap it for garlic-infused oil.
- The salsa verde can be made in advance and will keep for three days in a sealed container. You can vary the fresh herbs.
- You can add some fresh thyme or rosemary sprigs to the veges while they are roasting.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 17g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.