Salsa verde fish with warm salad
Time to make: 30 mins
( Hands-on time: 15 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 800g new potatoes, halved
- 6 radishes, halved
- 2 capsicums (red and yellow), sliced
- 300g baby carrots, trimmed
- 2 lemons, juice and zest of one, the other in wedges, to serve
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed (optional)
- 2 teaspoons capers
- ¾ cup fresh basil or parsley, plus extra to serve
- 4 x 170g firm white fish steaks or fillets, eg, tarakihi
Total fat 17g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 7g
1 Preheat oven to 200°C. In a saucepan of boiling water, place potatoes and cook for 5 minutes, then drain.
2 In a large ovenproof dish, place potatoes, radishes, capsicums and carrots. Spray with oil and cook for 25 minutes, or until potatoes are lightly golden, turning once.
3 Meanwhile, in a food processor, blitz lemon juice and zest, olive oil, garlic (if using), capers and basil or parsley with ¹/³ cup water, until well blended. Season to taste.
4 Spray a non-stick frying pan with a little oil and set over a medium high heat. Season fish. Pan-fry for 3-4 minutes, turning once.
5 Divide fish among 4 plates. Add some roasted veges. Drizzle salsa verde over. Serve with extra herbs, if desired, lemon wedges
Make it low FODMAP: Omit the garlic or swap it for garlic-infused oil.
- The salsa verde can be made in advance and will keep for three days in a sealed container. You can vary the fresh herbs.
- You can add some fresh thyme or rosemary sprigs to the veges while they are roasting.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us