Mexican muffin pan zucchini slice
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 190g zucchini/ courgettezucchiniXszucchini, summer squashX, grated
- 1 brown onion, diced
- ½ cup grated reduced-fat tasty cheese
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 420g can no-added-salt kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 420g can no-added-salt sweet corn sweetcornXkernels, drained
- 1 teaspoon Mexican seasoning
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1 small avocado, mashed
- 50g reduced-salt corn sweetcornXchips, to serve
- ½ cup fresh coriandercilantroX leaves, to serve
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a 12 x ¹⁄³-cup capacity muffin tray with muffin cases.
2 Whisk eggs together in a large bowl. Add flour and baking soda, whisking until combined and smooth. Add zucchini, onion, cheese, oil, beans, corn, Mexican seasoning and capsicum, mixing
well to combine.
3 Divide mixture among muffin cases and bake for 30 minutes or until tops are golden. Serve topped with avocado, corn chips and coriander.
Double the recipe quantities to make & freeze extras. Defrost one muffin at a time for a statisfying snack, or two for a meal, served with a salad.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 11.1g
–Saturated fat 2.8g
Dietary fibre 6.1g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
Snacks and Light Meals