Moroccan chickpea soup
- 2 cups reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 2 cups water
- 2 x 420g cans no-added-salt chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, drained
- 2 cups finely chopped carrots
- ½ cup sliced celery
- 2 cups chopped silver beet
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 red chillies, finely chopped and deseeded, if desired
- 2 teaspoons ground Moroccan seasoning (see tip)
- ½ cup roughly chopped fresh parsley
- ½ cup roughly chopped fresh coriandercilantroX, plus extra, to garnish
- freshly ground black pepper
1 Combine all ingredients in slow cooker.
2 Cook for 8 hours on low setting.
3 Serve with fresh coriander and black pepper.
- To make your own Moroccan seasoning (bought seasoning may be high in salt), combine 1 teaspoon each of ground coriander, ground cumin and chilli powder and 1/2 teaspoon each of ground cinnamon and crushed caraway seeds. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
- Make it gluten free: Check stock and seasoning (or ground spices) are gluten free.
This soup can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 4g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 13g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like