Moroccan chickpea soup
(at time of publication)
- 2 cups reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 2 cups water
- 2 x 420g cans no-added-salt chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, drained
- 2 cups finely chopped carrots
- ½ cup sliced celery
- 2 cups chopped silver beet
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 red chillies, finely chopped and deseeded, if desired
- 2 teaspoons ground Moroccan seasoning (see tip)
- ½ cup roughly chopped fresh parsley
- ½ cup roughly chopped fresh coriandercilantroX, plus extra, to garnish
- freshly ground black pepper
1 Combine all ingredients in slow cooker.
2 Cook for 8 hours on low setting.
3 Serve with fresh coriander and black pepper.
- To make your own Moroccan seasoning (bought seasoning may be high in salt), combine 1 teaspoon each of ground coriander, ground cumin and chilli powder and 1/2 teaspoon each of ground cinnamon and crushed caraway seeds. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
- Make it gluten free: Check stock and seasoning (or ground spices) are gluten free.
This soup can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 4g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 13g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.