Poached chicken with chilli, lemon and mintReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken thighs, sliced
- 1 chilli, deseeded, finely sliced
- ¾ cup long-grain rice
- 4 cups salt-reduced chicken stock*
- 1 cup water
- 1 ½ cups frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- ½ lemon, juice
- *NOTE: Ingredients with an asterisk (*) indicate that although this ingredient is usually gluten-free, it's wise to check the label to be sure as product ingredients can vary and formulations can change.
1 Heat oil in a large non-stick pan. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 5-6 minutes until slightly softened. Add chicken and chilli. Cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring, until golden.
2 Add rice, stirring briefly to coat in the mixture, then add stock and water. Cover and bring to the boil. Simmer for 10-15 minutes until rice is almost tender and chicken is cooked.
3 Add peas and cook for 2 minutes until tender. Stir in mint and lemon juice then spoon into 4 bowls and serve.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 9g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 5g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information