Pork and chive potstickers
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 2 tablespoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon chilli oil
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced, plus extra to garnish
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds, plus extra to garnish
- chilli flakes (optional)
- 300g free-range pork mince ground beefX(see tip)
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced Savoy or green cabbage
- 1 teaspoon mirin
- ½ cup baby peas (thawed if frozen)
- ¼ cup chopped fresh chives, plus extra to garnish
- 2 tablespoons chopped pickled ginger
- 2 teaspoons rice flour
- 40 round dumpling wrappers (8cm diameter)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- boiling water
- 6 cups mesclun
- vinaigrette made with 4 teaspoons lemon or lime juice and 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1¼ cups edamame beans
- lime wedges, to serve
Total fat 19g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 10g
1 In a jar or small bowl, combine soy sauce, chilli oil, spring onion, sesame seeds and chilli flakes, if using. Set aside.
2 In a large bowl, combine the next 7 ingredients well.
3 Dust a surface with rice flour. In the centre of each dumpling wrapper, place a heaped teaspoon of the pork mixture. Moisten wrapper edges with a wet brush or finger and fold over to form a semi-circle. Press edges to seal, then pleat the sealed edges. Place on prepared rice flour surface.
4 In a large pan, heat sesame oil over medium-high. In batches, cook dumplings in the pan for 2 minutes, or until golden and crispy. Turn dumplings over and cook for a further 2 minutes. Add ½ cup boiling water to the pan and cover. Cook for 8-10 minutes.
5 Serve dumplings immediately garnished with chives and spring onions with dipping sauce, dressed mesclun, edamame beans and lime wedges on the side.
Make it vegan: Use 300g firm tofu, grated and drained, instead of pork and check dumpling wrappers are vegan.
Make it low FODMAP: Only use the green leaves of the spring onion, swap the peas for diced green beans and check the pickled ginger doesn’t contain sorbitol.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.