Pork and chive potstickers
- 2 tablespoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon chilli oil
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced, plus extra to garnish
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds, plus extra to garnish
- chilli flakes (optional)
- 300g free-range pork mince ground beefX(see tip)
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced Savoy or green cabbage
- 1 teaspoon mirin
- ½ cup baby peas (thawed if frozen)
- ¼ cup chopped fresh chives, plus extra to garnish
- 2 tablespoons chopped pickled ginger
- 2 teaspoons rice flour
- 40 round dumpling wrappers (8cm diameter)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- boiling water
- 6 cups mesclun
- vinaigrette made with 4 teaspoons lemon or lime juice and 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1¼ cups edamame beans
- lime wedges, to serve
1 In a jar or small bowl, combine soy sauce, chilli oil, spring onion, sesame seeds and chilli flakes, if using. Set aside.
2 In a large bowl, combine the next 7 ingredients well.
3 Dust a surface with rice flour. In the centre of each dumpling wrapper, place a heaped teaspoon of the pork mixture. Moisten wrapper edges with a wet brush or finger and fold over to form a semi-circle. Press edges to seal, then pleat the sealed edges. Place on prepared rice flour surface.
4 In a large pan, heat sesame oil over medium-high. In batches, cook dumplings in the pan for 2 minutes, or until golden and crispy. Turn dumplings over and cook for a further 2 minutes. Add ½ cup boiling water to the pan and cover. Cook for 8-10 minutes.
5 Serve dumplings immediately garnished with chives and spring onions with dipping sauce, dressed mesclun, edamame beans and lime wedges on the side.
Make it vegan: Use 300g firm tofu, grated and drained, instead of pork and check dumpling wrappers are vegan.
Make it low FODMAP: Only use the green leaves of the spring onion, swap the peas for diced green beans and check the pickled ginger doesn’t contain sorbitol.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 19g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 10g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information