Pumpkin and bean soup with orange gremolata
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 600g butternut pumpkin, peeled, chopped
- 250g kumarasweet-potatoX, peeled, chopped
- 2 cups reduced-salt vegetable stock and 3 cups water
- pinch of nutmeg
- 400g can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 slices wholegrain bread
- 1/2 cup freshly grated reduced-fat grated cheddar
- 4 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan (grate finely)
- Orange gremolata
- 1/4 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1 small clove garlic, chopped
1 Place a large saucepan over medium heat. Add olive oil; heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes, or until soft.
2 Add pumpkin, sweet potato, stock and nutmeg to saucepan; bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes, or until veg are very tender. Add cannellini beans; stir well. Blend soup with a stick blender (or in a food processor) until smooth.
3 Meanwhile preheat grill to high and line a baking tray with baking paper. Place sourdough on tray and grill for 1—2 minutes per side; scatter with cheeses and grill until cheese bubbles.
4 Make orange gremolata: Toss all ingredients in a small bowl.
5 Divide pumpkin soup among 4 bowls, scatter with gremolata and serve with cheese toasts.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 12g
Make it gluten free: Check stock and spice are gluten free and use gluten-free bread.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.