Carrot and caraway soup with toasted almonds
- 5 cups vegetable stock (make with 5 cups boiling water and 4 teaspoons stock powder)
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds or ground coriandercilantroX
- 900g carrots, peeled, roughly chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- ½ cup red lentils
- 4 tablespoons almonds, toasted, roughly chopped
1 Add a little stock to a large non-stick pan and cook onions and garlic until softened.
2 Add caraway seeds (or coriander), carrots, celery and a little more stock if needed. Cook for 8-10 minutes.
3 Add remaining stock and lentils. Bring to the boil and simmer until tender – about 10 minutes.
4 Purée soup in a blender (or use a hand blender) until smooth but slightly chunky. Serve topped with toasted almonds and garlic flatbread. Garnish with fresh coriander.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 5g
–Saturated fat 0g
Dietary fibre 10g
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free stock powder and serve with gluten-free flat bread.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us