Quick fish laksa
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 200g rice noodles
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons Singapore laksa paste
- 1 cup light coconut milk (we used Trident)
- 200g firm white fish, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 large prawns
- 1 bunch asparagus, or 1½ cups green beans, trimmed and cut into bite-sized lengths
- 2 carrots, julienned or chopped into fine matchsticks
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup mung bean sprouts
- ¼ cup chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
- 1 tablespoon chopped peanuts
Total fat 12g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 5g
1 In a large bowl of cold water, soak noodles for 10 minutes.
2 In a large frying pan or wok, heat oil over medium-high. Add laksa paste and cook, stirring, for 1 minute until fragrant.
3 Add coconut milk and 400ml water and bring to the boil. Reduce heat, add fish, prawns, greens and carrot and simmer for 3 minutes, until just cooked. Remove from heat and stir through cabbage.
4 To serve, divide noodles among 4 bowls, spoon over laksa and top with bean sprouts, coriander, peanuts and lime wedges.
Make It gluten free: Check laska paste is gluten free.
Make it vegan: Substitute fish and prawns with chopped tofu and button mushrooms. Check laska paste is vegan.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us