Quick fish laksa
(at time of publication)
- 200g rice noodles
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons Singapore laksa paste
- 1 cup light coconut milk (we used Trident)
- 200g firm white fish, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 large prawns
- 1 bunch asparagus, or 1½ cups green beans, trimmed and cut into bite-sized lengths
- 2 carrots, julienned or chopped into fine matchsticks
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup mung bean sprouts
- ¼ cup chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
- 1 tablespoon chopped peanuts
1 In a large bowl of cold water, soak noodles for 10 minutes.
2 In a large frying pan or wok, heat oil over medium-high. Add laksa paste and cook, stirring, for 1 minute until fragrant.
3 Add coconut milk and 400ml water and bring to the boil. Reduce heat, add fish, prawns, greens and carrot and simmer for 3 minutes, until just cooked. Remove from heat and stir through cabbage.
4 To serve, divide noodles among 4 bowls, spoon over laksa and top with bean sprouts, coriander, peanuts and lime wedges.
Make It gluten free: Check laska paste is gluten free.
Make it vegan: Substitute fish and prawns with chopped tofu and button mushrooms. Check laska paste is vegan.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 12g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 5g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us