Quick fish laksa
- 200g rice noodles
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons Singapore laksa paste
- 1 cup light coconut milk (we used Trident)
- 200g firm white fish, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 large prawns
- 1 bunch asparagus, or 1½ cups green beans, trimmed and cut into bite-sized lengths
- 2 carrots, julienned or chopped into fine matchsticks
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup mung bean sprouts
- ¼ cup chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
- 1 tablespoon chopped peanuts
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 In a large bowl of cold water, soak noodles for 10 minutes.
2 In a large frying pan or wok, heat oil over medium-high. Add laksa paste and cook, stirring, for 1 minute until fragrant.
3 Add coconut milk and 400ml water and bring to the boil. Reduce heat, add fish, prawns, greens and carrot and simmer for 3 minutes, until just cooked. Remove from heat and stir through cabbage.
4 To serve, divide noodles among 4 bowls, spoon over laksa and top with bean sprouts, coriander, peanuts and lime wedges.
Make It gluten free: Check laska paste is gluten free.
Make it vegan: Substitute fish and prawns with chopped tofu and button mushrooms. Check laska paste is vegan.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 12g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 5g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.