Red lentil dhal with cauliflower and pumpkin
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- oil spray
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 4 cups cauliflower and pumpkin, florets and cubes
- 400g can chopped tomatoes with garlic
- 1 cup liquid salt-reduced vegetable or chicken stock plus 3 cups water
- 5 teaspoons mango chutney
- 300g dried red lentils
- 4 tablespoons fresh coriandercilantroX
Total fat 6g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 14g
1 Spray a non-stick pan with oil and cook onion until softened. Add curry powder and cook for a few minutes.
2 Add cauliflower, pumpkin and a little more oil spray. Toss to coat with curry powder. Add tomatoes with stock and chutney. Bring to the boil. Cook for 10 minutes.
3 Add lentils and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in coriander and serve.
Serve with a spoonful of yoghurt and/or on a wholemeal warmed pita bread.
Make it gluten free: Check curry powder and chutney are gluten free, and use gluten-free stock.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us