Roasted vegetable, feta and herb patties
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
2 1/2 cups (300g) chopped roasted vegetables (such as kumara, potato, carrot)*
1 large courgette, grated, squeezed of excess moisture
1 red capsicum, seeded, finely chopped
4 tablespoons crumbled feta
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/4 cup wholemeal flour
1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
cracked black pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
2/3 cup low-fat plain yoghurt
4 cups rocketarugulaX, to serve
2 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette (made with 1 part olive oil to 2 parts balsamic vinegar), to serve
Total fat 24g
Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 9g
- In a large bowl mash roasted vegetables, leaving some texture. Add courgette, capsicum, feta, egg, flour, and 2 tablespoons each of the parsley and mint. Stir until well combined. Season with pepper.
- Using clean hands, shape the mixture into 12 patties.
- In a large non-stick frying pan, heat half of the oil over medium-high. Place 3 patties in the pan and cook for 2–3 minutes each side, or until golden and cooked through. Repeat with remaining patties, adding a little of the remaining oil as required.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine yoghurt with remaining parsley and mint.
- Divide patties between 2 plates and serve with herb yoghurt and rocket dressed with vinaigrette.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free flour.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us