Roasted tomato, quinoa and crispy chickpea salad with creamy cashew dressing
(at time of publication)
- 500g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped fresh thyme
- freshly ground black pepper
- fine sea salt
- 2 x 400g cans chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX in spring water, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 70g lightly toasted, roughly chopped almonds
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- ½ cup roughly chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ½ cup roughly torn fresh basil
- Creamy cashew dressing
- 70g cashew nuts
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon nutritional (savoury) yeast (optional)
- juice of ½ lemon
- Preheat oven to 180°C. On an oven tray lined with baking paper, place cherry tomatoes cut side up. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over tomatoes, scatter with thyme and season with black pepper and salt. Roast for 25-30 minutes, or until tender and semi-dried. Remove and set aside, leaving oven on.
- While tomatoes cook, in a bowl place cashews and cover with boiling water. Set aside for 20-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spread chickpeas on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Roast for 10-15 minutes, turning every 5 minutes, or until chickpeas are crispy and golden brown.
- Cook quinoa according to packet directions. Set aside to cool.
- Drain soaking cashews and place in a blender along with other dressing ingredients, plus ½ cup cold water. Blend on high until smooth. Season with salt.
- In a large bowl, gently combine cooled quinoa, roasted tomatoes, crispy chickpeas, almonds, lemon zest, parsley and basil, and season with salt. Squeeze over lemon juice and drizzle over remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Divide salad among 6 plates and drizzle over cashew dressing.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 29g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 14g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.