Roasted tomato, quinoa and crispy chickpea salad with creamy cashew dressing
(at time of publication)
- 500g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped fresh thyme
- freshly ground black pepper
- fine sea salt
- 2 x 400g cans chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX in spring water, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 70g lightly toasted, roughly chopped almonds
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- ½ cup roughly chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ½ cup roughly torn fresh basil
- Creamy cashew dressing
- 70g cashew nuts
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon nutritional (savoury) yeast (optional)
- juice of ½ lemon
- Preheat oven to 180°C. On an oven tray lined with baking paper, place cherry tomatoes cut side up. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over tomatoes, scatter with thyme and season with black pepper and salt. Roast for 25-30 minutes, or until tender and semi-dried. Remove and set aside, leaving oven on.
- While tomatoes cook, in a bowl place cashews and cover with boiling water. Set aside for 20-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spread chickpeas on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Roast for 10-15 minutes, turning every 5 minutes, or until chickpeas are crispy and golden brown.
- Cook quinoa according to packet directions. Set aside to cool.
- Drain soaking cashews and place in a blender along with other dressing ingredients, plus ½ cup cold water. Blend on high until smooth. Season with salt.
- In a large bowl, gently combine cooled quinoa, roasted tomatoes, crispy chickpeas, almonds, lemon zest, parsley and basil, and season with salt. Squeeze over lemon juice and drizzle over remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Divide salad among 6 plates and drizzle over cashew dressing.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 29g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 14g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us