Salmon and dill pasta with rocket dressing
- RocketArugulaX dressing
- 40g rocketarugulaX or watercress (2 cups)
- 2 teaspoons creamed horseradish or horseradish sauce
- squeeze lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup low-fat plain yoghurt
- 300g wholemeal pasta shells
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 300g poached King salmon, broken in chunks
- 1 green capsicum, deseeded, cut in chunks
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 lemon, grated zest and juice
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh dill or fresh parsley
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 To make dressing, place rocket (or watercress), horseradish, lemon juice and garlic in a processor. Whizz until finely chopped. Add yoghurt with 4 tablespoons water and blend to dressing consistency. Season and set aside.
2 Cook pasta in boiling water until al dente. Drain, leaving some of cooking water in pan.
3 Add salmon with vegetables and heat through. Add dressing with lemon zest and juice. Toss lightly. Serve with freshly ground black pepper and dill or parsley. If you prefer, you can serve this pasta dish cold.
Make it gluten free: Check horseradish is gluten free and use gluten-free pasta.
- Pasta made from whole grains is higher in fibre than white pasta. We’ve called it wholemeal pasta but your pasta may be called wholewheat pasta.
- Cook pasta in lightly salted water until al dente – ie. until it is tender but still has some bite!
- Once cooked, drain pasta, leaving a little of the cooking water still in the pan. This stops the pasta sticking.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 20g
–Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 14g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.