Salmon balls with slaw and avocado cream
- 2 corn sweetcornXcobs, husks and silks removed, each cut into 4
- 4 x 130g cans skinless and boneless salmon in springwater, drained
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup reduced-fat, Greek-style yoghurt
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs, plus ¹⁄³ extra for rolling
- 1 egg
- 1 avocado
- 350g packet kaleslaw kit
1 Preheat oven to 200ºC. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Bring a saucepan of water to the boil over high heat. Add corn and cook for 5 minutes or until cooked. Drain and set aside.
2 Meanwhile, place salmon, onion, herbs, half the lemon juice, half the yoghurt, breadcrumbs and egg in a large bowl, mixing to combine. Shape a tablespoon of mixture into a ball, roll in extra panko, then place on prepared tray. Repeat to make 12 balls in total. Transfer tray to oven and bake for 15–18 minutes or until balls are golden and hot.
3 Meanwhile, place avocado and remaining lemon juice and yoghurt in a food processor. Season with freshly ground black pepper, then process until smooth. Transfer to a small serving dish.
4 Prepare kaleslaw kit according to packet instructions. Serve salmon balls with corn, kaleslaw and avocado cream on the side.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 17.9g
–Saturated fat 3.4g
Dietary fibre 11.4g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.