Satay beef skewers with Asian greens
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- oil spray
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- pinch dried red chilli flakes
- 1 tablespoon no-added-sugar-or-salt crunchy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon salt-reduced
- soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 2/3 cup basmati rice
- 400g lean beef rump steak, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 medium-sized green capsicum, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium-sized yellow capsicum, coarsely chopped
- 2 bunches bok choy, trimmed
- 150g snow peas or green beans, trimmed
Total fat 12g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 4g
1 Spray a small saucepan with oil and place over a medium heat. Cook garlic, shallots and chilli flakes until shallots are soft. Add peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice and coconut milk. Stir until smooth. Add 1/4 cup cold water and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until thickened.
2 Meanwhile, cook rice following packet directions.
3 Heat barbecue to a medium-high heat. Alternately thread beef and capsicum onto 8 skewers. Spray with oil and chargrill, turning, for 5 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
4 Meanwhile, steam bok choy and snow peas. Serve skewers with rice, greens and satay sauce.
- Make it vegetarian: Replace beef with thin onion slices, courgettes and firm tofu (flavoured, if desired).
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free soy sauce and if making a vegetarian version, check tofu is gluten free.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us