Smokin’ Spanish beans
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 6 button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped or crushed
- 1/2 can no-added-salt tomatoes in juice
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups spinach, washed and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups kale, stalks removed, leaves torn
- freshly ground black pepper
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- handful flat-leaf parsley
Total fat 17g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 22g
1 In a large non-stick pan heat olive oil over a low—medium heat. Add onion, tomato paste and paprika, cooking until onions are translucent.
2 Add the mushrooms and garlic, increasing the heat to medium and cooking for 5 minutes until nicely coloured.
3 Pour over the tomatoes and balsamic vinegar, turning down to a simmer once they start to bubble. Add cannellini beans and finally the spinach and kale on top. Season with pepper and lemon juice. Put a lid on the pan to steam greens.
4 After 3 minutes remove lid and stir. Check seasoning and serve beans in a big bowl. Scatter with torn parsley.
Make it gluten free: Check tomato paste and paprika are gluten free.