Smoky chilli con carne with guacamole
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 cup SunRice Rice & Quinoa
- 1 teaspoon ground smoked paprika
- 400g rump steak, excess fat removed, thinly sliced
- oil spray
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 green capsicum, roughly chopped
- 1 cup roughly chopped courgetteszucchini, summer squashX
- 400g can Mexican style chopped tomatoes
- 420g can Mexican spiced baked beans
- 1 teaspoon hot ground chilli powder
- 1/2 cup fresh coriandercilantroX, roughly chopped
- 1 large avocado, mashed
- 1 teaspoon coriandercilantroX paste
- splash of lemon juice
Total fat 17g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 12g
1 Cook rice and quinoa blend following packet directions.
2 To make smoky chilli, in a small bowl combine paprika and beef. Mix until coated well.
3 Heat a non-stick pan with oil spray, add all vegetables and stir-fry until softened. Add steak until browned then add tomatoes, beans and chilli. Bring to a simmer.
4 Combine guacamole ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
5 Divide rice and quinoa among 4 bowls, top with smoky chilli, guacamole and fresh coriander.
Make it gluten free: Check ground paprika flavoured tomatoes, flavoured beans and ground chilli powder are gluten free.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us