Smoky lamb flatbreads with mint chimichurri
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- black pepper
- 600g lean lamb loin
- spray oil
- 1 large eggplantaubergineX, cut into 1cm thick slices
- 2 red onions, peeled, thickly sliced
- 2 red capsicums, deseeded, cut lengthways into thick strips
- 250g vine-ripened truss tomatoes
- 2 large wholemeal Lebanese flatbreads, halved
- lemon wedges, to serve
- Mint chimichurri
- 1 cup fresh mint
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded, chopped
- 2 tablespoons apple ciderhard ciderX vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
1 In a shallow ceramic dish, combine paprika, cumin, garlic, lemon juice and oil. Season with pepper. Add lamb and turn to coat. Cover and place in fridge to marinate for 30 minutes.
2 Meanwhile, in a blender, place chimichurri ingredients, season with pepper and blitz until finely chopped. Set aside.
3 Preheat a barbecue hotplate to medium-high. Spray lamb, eggplant, onions, capsicum and tomatoes with oil. Barbecue lamb for 3–4 minutes per side until almost cooked through. Transfer to a plate, cover and allow to rest. Place eggplant, onions, capsicums plate. Spray flatbreads with oil and barbecue until hot.
4 Slice lamb and divide among 4 plates. Serve with veges, chimichurri, flatbreads and lemon wedges.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free bread and check spices and vinegar are gluten free.
Make it vegan: Use sliced tofu or tempeh instead of lamb. Check Lebanese flatbreads are vegan.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 21g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 9g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.