Spicy chicken koftasReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 8 wooden skewers, presoaked in cold water
- 450g chicken mince
- ½ cup couscous
- ½ onion, very finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh coriandercilantroX, finely chopped
- ½ lemon, juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- olive spray oil
- 8 cups garden salad with a little vinaigrette
- 8 tablespoons raita (cucumber and yoghurt dip)
1 To make koftas, place all kofta ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well to ensure ingredients are distributed evenly through the mince. You may find it easier to use your hands.
2 Divide mixture into 8 even-sized portions and form into sausage shapes. Chill overnight in a sealed container if you prefer.
3 Thread koftas on skewers and spray with oil. Barbecue for 6-7 minutes, turning once to ensure even cooking.
Serve 4 Serve koftas with a squeeze of lime or lemon (if you prefer), salad and raita.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 18g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information