Spicy chicken tacos with slaw and avocado dressing
Time to make: 30 mins , plus 2-3 hrs marinating
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1kg skinless chicken breast fillets, halved horizontally
- ½ (450g) red cabbage, finely shredded
- 4 large carrots, grated
- 1 cup roughly chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large avocado, mashed
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain yoghurt
- cracked black pepper
- 16 small corn sweetcornXtortillas, warmed, to serve
Total fat 13g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 8g
- In a large glass or ceramic dish, combine spices, chilli flakes, olive oil and 2 tablespoons of the lime juice. Add chicken and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2–3 hours.
- Preheat barbecue or large chargrill pan to medium-high. Grill chicken for 3–4 minutes each side, or until golden and cooked through. Place on a large plate, loosely cover with foil and set aside to rest for 5 minutes. Thinly slice the chicken.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine cabbage, carrot, coriander and red onion. In a small bowl, mix avocado, yoghurt and remaining lime juice until smooth. Season with cracked black pepper.
- To serve, fill tortillas with chicken, slaw and avocado dressing and divide among 8 plates.
Make it gluten free: Check spices and tortillas are gluten free.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)