Spicy eggplant buckwheat salad
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 eggplantaubergineX, sliced
- 3 courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, halved then sliced
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 1 tablespoon harissa
- 1-2 teaspoons liquid honey (optional)
- 250g buckwheat
- 1/3 cup fresh mint
- 1 lemon, grated zest and juice
- 400g can chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX in spring water, drained, rinsed
Total fat 5g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 14g
1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Layer vegetables on a baking tray. Spray with olive oil. Mix harissa and honey (if using) together and brush over vegetables. Cook for 20-25 minutes.
2 Meanwhile, cook buckwheat in a pan of boiling water, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Once cooked, drain and place in a serving bowl. Add vegetables with mint, lemon and chickpeas. Season. Toss well. Add 1-2 tablespoons olive oil. Serve garnished with extra fresh mint if you prefer.