Spicy Singapore noodles
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 250g frozen prawns, thawed
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 red capsicums, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, cut in matchsticks
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cabbage
- 3 teaspoons mild curry powder
- 350g Singapore noodles, cooked, drained, rinsed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salt-reduced soy sauce
Total fat 3g
Saturated fat 0g
Dietary fibre 3g
1 Heat half the oil in a wok. Cook prawns over a high heat for 2-3 minutes, or until just cooked. Transfer to a plate.
2 Heat remaining oil. Cook ginger, garlic, capsicums, carrots and cabbage for 5 minutes, or until tender. Stir in curry powder.
3 Add noodles, prawns and soy sauce. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes, or until heated through. Serve garnished with thinly sliced spring onions, if desired.
Make it meat-free: Omit prawns and add 250g firm tofu.