Spinach, pumpkin and ricotta cannelloni
- 250g frozen spinach, thawed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bunch cavolo nero, trimmed, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- cracked black pepper
- 30g feta, crumbled
- 250g ricotta
- ¼ cup pine nuts, toasted
- 6 fresh lasagne sheets (250g)
- 500g pouch Pitango Organic Pumpkin & Ginger Soup or other fresh pumpkin soup
- 50g reduced-fat cheddar, grated
- 9 cups salad leaves, to serve
- 3 tablespoons vinaigrette (made with 1 part olive oil to 2 parts balsamic vinegar or lemon juice)
- ¹/³ cup pumpkin seeds, toasted
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a large 19 x 25 x 5cm baking dish. Squeeze excess moisture from spinach with paper towels.
2 In a large, heavy-based frying pan, heat olive oil. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add cavolo nero and garlic. Cook for 3-5 minutes, or until wilted. Remove from heat.
3 Stir in spinach, lemon zest, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and dill. Leave to cool slightly, season with cracked black pepper. Add feta, ricotta and pine nuts and stir to combine.
4 Divide mixture into six portions. Roll each portion in a lasagne sheet, into a log. Into the prepared baking dish, place filled logs. Spoon soup over the top. Scatter with cheddar and black pepper. Bake for 45 minutes, or until golden and bubbling.
5 Dress salad leaves with vinaigrette and scatter over pumpkin seeds. Serve cannelloni with side.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 22g
–Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 9g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like