Sweet chilli fish with almond pilaf
(at time of publication)
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- ¾ cup basmati rice
- 2 cups reduced-salt chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon reduced-salt soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 600g mixed frozen vegetables (such as peas, beans and broccoli)
- 4 x frozen plain fish fillets
- ¼ cup slivered almonds, toasted
- ½ cup coriandercilantroX leaves, plus extra, to garnish
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large, deep non-stick saucepan over medium heat. Gently fry onion for 4-5 minutes, or until soft. Add turmeric, stir for 1 minute then stir in rice. Add stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low, cover pan and simmer for 10 minutes, or until rice has absorbed nearly all liquid. Switch off heat, cover pan and leave to rest for 10 minutes.
2 Mix sweet chilli sauce and soy sauce together and set aside.
3 Cook fish according to packet instructions.
4 Steam or microwave veges for 2-3 minutes.
5 Garnish fish with coriander leaves and serve with pilaf and sweet chilli sauce and soy sauce mixture.
Make it gluten free: Check sweet chilli sauce, stock, soy sauce and turmeric are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 11g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 6g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.