Sweet corn, courgette and tofu fritters with chive yoghurt
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- 250g firm tofu, mashed
- 1 1/2 cups corn sweetcornXkernels
- 2 large courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, coarsely grated, squeezed to remove excess moisture
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh chives
- 3 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 long red chilli, seeded, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain yoghurt
- 100g rocketarugulaX, to serve
Total fat 13g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 8g
1 Whisk eggs in a large bowl until well combined. Slowly whisk in flour until smooth. Add mashed tofu, corn, courgette, 2 tablespoons of the chives and 2 teaspoons of the lemon zest. Stir until well combined; season with cracked black pepper.
2 Heat half the olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high. Add 3 x 1/3-cups of mixture to pan and cook fritters for 2-3 minutes each side, or until golden and cooked through. Repeat with remaining batter to make 12 fritters in total, adding remaining oil as necessary.
3 Meanwhile, combine chilli, cottage cheese, remaining chives and zest in a bowl. Serve fritters topped with a dollop of cottage cheese mix and rocket.
You can use fresh, frozen or canned corn kernels in this recipe.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free flour and check tofu is gluten free.
Fritters are suitable to freeze.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)