Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed or finely chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1/4 cup paella rice (we used Delmaine)
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 4 cups hot chicken or vegetable stock
- 300g frozen seafood mix, thawed
- 1 cup frozen shrimps, thawed
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- black pepper, to season
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
total fat N/S
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 4g
1 Heat a non-stick pan for a few minutes with oil. Add onion, garlic and tomatoes. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until softened. Add rice and stir to coat grains evenly. Add turmeric and stock. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes. The rice should retain its shape and be slightly firm. Stir occasionally.
2 Add seafood and shrimps. Mix to distribute evenly through rice. Cook for 8-10 more minutes, until heated through. Add peas during final 5 minutes of cooking seafood. Season with pepper. Sprinkle with parsley before serving.
Paella is traditionally made with chicken or rabbit and spicy chorizo sausage. If you have these, you could add them at the start of cooking.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us