(at time of publication)
- 600g skinless chicken breast fillets
- 2 lemons, juice
- ½ small onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriandercilantroX
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½-1 teaspoon paprika
- ½-1 teaspoon chilli powder
- ½ cup low-fat plain yoghurt*
- olive oil spray, to grease
- *NOTE: Ingredients with an asterisk (*) indicate that although this ingredient is usually gluten-free, it's wise to check the label to be sure as product ingredients can vary and formulations can change.
1 Cut chicken in bite-sized chunks. Place in a non-metallic dish and brush with lemon juice. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2 Use a stick blender or food processor to blend the remaining ingredients except yoghurt. Blend to form a smooth paste.
3 Mix paste with yoghurt and use to coat chicken evenly. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
4 Preheat oven to 190ºC. Place chicken on a lightly greased baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes or until chicken is tender and cooked through. Serve.
Rice, yoghurt flavoured with garlic, sliced spring onions and a pinch of paprika
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 4g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 1g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us