- 600g skinless chicken breast fillets
- 2 lemons, juice
- ½ small onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriandercilantroX
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½-1 teaspoon paprika
- ½-1 teaspoon chilli powder
- ½ cup low-fat plain yoghurt*
- olive spray oil, to grease
- *NOTE: Ingredients with an asterisk (*) indicate that although this ingredient is usually gluten-free, it's wise to check the label to be sure as product ingredients can vary and formulations can change.
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Cut chicken in bite-sized chunks. Place in a non-metallic dish and brush with lemon juice. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2 Use a stick blender or food processor to blend the remaining ingredients except yoghurt. Blend to form a smooth paste.
3 Mix paste with yoghurt and use to coat chicken evenly. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
4 Preheat oven to 190ºC. Place chicken on a lightly greased baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes or until chicken is tender and cooked through. Serve.
Rice, yoghurt flavoured with garlic, sliced spring onions and a pinch of paprika
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 4g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 1g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.