Tuna quinoa salad
- 250g quinoa
- 4 cups salad vegetables such as cucumber, snow peas, sugar snaps, green pepper and onion, diced
- 1 lemon, juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Moroccan seasoning
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 x 280g cans tuna in spring water, drained
- 100g green olives, pitted
1 Place quinoa in a saucepan with 600ml water and bring to the boil. Lower heat, cover and simmer until water is absorbed (about 15 minutes). Cool slightly.
2 Steam or microwave snow peas or sugar snaps if using.
3 Mix lemon juice, oil, Moroccan seasoning and parsley. Add to quinoa.
4 Add tuna, broken in chunks, and the remaining vegetables with olives. Adjust seasoning and serve with lemon slices and parsley.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 16g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 6g
Make it gluten free: Check Moroccan seasoning is gluten free.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us