Vege and quinoa kedgeree
(at time of publication)
- 1 egg
- spray oil
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- ½ teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 Brussels sprouts, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1 cup cooked rice and quinoa (use a ready-steamed pack if you like)
- ½ cup water
- 70g smoked fish, flaked
- juice of ½ lime or lemon
- ½ small cucumber, sliced
- sprinkle of chilli flakes, to serve
- fresh coriandercilantroX, to serve
- Bring a pot of water to the boil. Boil egg for 6-7 minutes until medium hard-boiled. Once cool, peel and quarter.
- Spray pan with oil and place over a medium heat. Add spring onion and ginger and stir for 1 minute. Add spices, sprouts, broccoli and stir. Cook for 1 minute more.
- Add rice and water and bring to a simmer. Cook until liquid is absorbed. Add fish and lemon juice and mix through. Serve kedgeree topped with egg, cucumber, chilli and coriander.
Make it gluten free: Check ground spices and smoked fish are gluten free.
Make it vegan: Omit egg and use tofu instead of fish.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 9g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.