Vegetable chilli with black bean spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon Ceres Organics Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1 large red capsicum, deseeded, chopped
- 1 large red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons Mexican seasoning
- ¾ cup Ceres Organics Green Lentils
- 400g can Delmaine Italian Crushed Tomatoes (no added salt)
- 390g can Delmaine Red Kidney Beans, rinsed, drained
- 4 cups Countdown Select Vegetable Stock
- 250g button mushrooms, washed, quartered
- 250g kumarasweet-potatoX, peeled, diced
- 200g pack Explore Cuisine Black Bean Spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon grated Countdown Select Dark Chocolate grated
- 2 tablespoons chopped Palmers Fresh CorianderCilantroX, plus extra, to serve
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 NZ Avocados, sliced
1 Spray a large saucepan with oil and place over a medium heat. Add onion, capsicum, chilli, garlic and Mexican seasoning. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes. Add lentils and stir well. Add tomatoes, kidney beans and stock. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer gently for 30 minutes.
2 Add mushrooms and kumara to saucepan. Stir. Simmer gently, uncovered, for 20-25 more minutes until vegetables are tender.
3 Cook spaghetti following packet instructions. Drain and set aside.
4 Meanwhile, stir chocolate and coriander into chilli. Cook gently for a few more minutes until sauce is thickened.
5 Serve chilli with black bean spaghetti, topped with sour cream, avocado and coriander.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 22g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 24g
This recipe is proudly sponsored by Mastercraft, Countdown, Ceres Organics, Delmaine, Explore Cuisine, NZ Avocado and Palmers.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us