Vegetable chilli with black bean spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1 large red capsicum, deseeded, chopped
- 1 large red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons Mexican seasoning
- ¾ cup green lentils
- 400g can crushed tomatoes (no added salt)
- 390g can red kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 250g button mushrooms, washed, quartered
- 250g kumarasweet-potatoX, peeled, diced
- 200g pack black bean spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon grated dark chocolate grated
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriandercilantroX, plus extra, to serve
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 avocados, sliced
1 Spray a large saucepan with oil and place over a medium heat. Add onion, capsicum, chilli, garlic and Mexican seasoning. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes. Add lentils and stir well. Add tomatoes, kidney beans and stock. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer gently for 30 minutes.
2 Add mushrooms and kumara to saucepan. Stir. Simmer gently, uncovered, for 20-25 more minutes until vegetables are tender.
3 Cook spaghetti following packet instructions. Drain and set aside.
4 Meanwhile, stir chocolate and coriander into chilli. Cook gently for a few more minutes until sauce is thickened.
5 Serve chilli with black bean spaghetti, topped with sour cream, avocado and coriander.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 22g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 24g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information