Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 300g firm tofu, thickly sliced
- oil spray
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 thumb ginger, peeled, sliced thin
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 star anise
- 3–4 tablespoons vegetarian laksa paste, or your favourite curry paste
- 1/2 x 400ml can light coconut milk
- 2 1/2 cups homemade vegetable stock (made from boiling vegetable trimmings, then straining)
- 1/2 small savoy cabbage
- 300g bok choy, sliced lengthwise
- 250g button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 butternut squash, seeded, diced
- 100g vermicelli noodles
- boiling water
- 1 tablespoon reduced-salt soy sauce, to season
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled, halved
- juice of 1 lemon
- handful fresh coriandercilantroX, chopped, to serve
- 1/4 cup peanuts, to serve
Total fat 23g
Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 11g
- Heat a non-stick pan to medium and fry tofu until lightly golden. Set aside.
- Spray a wok or large pan with oil and place over medium heat. Fry onion, garlic, ginger, cinnamon and star anise for 5 minutes. Add laksa paste and cook for 1 minute until aromatic. Add coconut milk and stock. Bring to the boil then reduce heat to simmer. Add veges and cook until just tender.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl cover noodles with boiling water. Leave to stand for 10 minutes.
- Taste laksa soup and add soy sauce to season. Add eggs and lemon juice.
- Drain noodles and divide among 4 bowls. Pour in laksa soup. Add tofu and stir. Garnish with coriander and peanuts.
Make it gluten free: Check tofu, laksa paste and soy sauce are gluten free.
Make it vegan: Omit eggs and use a vegan laksa or curry paste.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us