Nutrition Info.(per serve)
300g firm tofu, thickly sliced
1/2 onion, sliced
3 cloves garlic, smashed
1 thumb ginger, peeled, sliced thin
2 cinnamon sticks
1 star anise
3–4 tablespoons vegetarian laksa paste, or your favourite curry paste
1/2 x 400ml can light coconut milk
2 1/2 cups homemade vegetable stock (made from boiling vegetable trimmings, then straining)
1/2 small savoy cabbage
300g bok choy, sliced lengthwise
250g button mushrooms, sliced
1 butternut squash, seeded, diced
100g vermicelli noodles
1 tablespoon reduced-salt soy sauce, to season
4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled, halved
juice of 1 lemon
handful fresh coriandercilantroX, chopped, to serve
1/4 cup peanuts, to serve
Total fat 23g
Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 11g
- Heat a non-stick pan to medium and fry tofu until lightly golden. Set aside.
- Spray a wok or large pan with oil and place over medium heat. Fry onion, garlic, ginger, cinnamon and star anise for 5 minutes. Add laksa paste and cook for 1 minute until aromatic. Add coconut milk and stock. Bring to the boil then reduce heat to simmer. Add veges and cook until just tender.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl cover noodles with boiling water. Leave to stand for 10 minutes.
- Taste laksa soup and add soy sauce to season. Add eggs and lemon juice.
- Drain noodles and divide among 4 bowls. Pour in laksa soup. Add tofu and stir. Garnish with coriander and peanuts.
Make it gluten free: Check tofu, laksa paste and soy sauce are gluten free.
Make it vegan: Omit eggs and use a vegan laksa or curry paste.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us