Baked kumara with white beans and olives
- 4 kumarasweet-potatoX (200g each), scrubbed
- 2 x 400g cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 2 small tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped raw almonds
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- black pepper
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice4 cups mixed salad leaves, to serve
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
1 Preheat oven to 180ºC. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place kumara on prepared tray and prick with a fork. Bake for 40-50 minutes, or until tender when pierced with a skewer.
2 Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine beans, sliced olives, tomatoes, herbs, almonds and sunflower seeds. Season with pepper.
3 Cut a slit down the middle of each kumara. Gently separate sides and use a fork to mash flesh. Spoon ¼ of the filling into each kumara. Return kumara to oven and bake for 5-10 minutes more.
4 Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine tahini, 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice and 2-3 teaspoons of warm water until smooth. Drizzle kumara with tahini dressing. Serve with mixed salad leaves dressed with remaining lemon juice and the olive oil.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 15g
Make it gluten free: Check tahini is gluten free.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us