Baked salmon with pistachio and pomegranate
- 1.2kg side of salmon, skin on, bones removed (see tip)
- ¾ cup unsalted pistachios, shelled, roughly chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- seeds from ½ pomegranate
- Mint and coriandercilantroX chutney
- small bunch fresh mint, leaves picked
- small bunch fresh coriandercilantroX, leaves and stalks roughly chopped, plus extra leaves to garnish
- 1 green chilli, deseeded, roughly chopped
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- juice of ½ lime
- ²⁄³ cup plain low-fat yoghurt
1 Preheat oven to 160°C. Cover baking tray with a sheet of foil. Lay baking paper on top of foil. Place salmon, skin-side down, on baking paper. Cover with another sheet of baking paper, then another sheet of foil. Fold sides to seal and form a large parcel. Bake salmon for 25–30 minutes or until almost cooked through. Remove, uncover and set aside to cool slightly.
2 Meanwhile, to make chutney, blitz all ingredients in a food processor until a paste forms. Season to taste, then transfer to a small dish and set aside.
3 Place pistachos, onion, chilli, lime juice, oil and pomegranate seeds in a large bowl, mixing well to combine. Season. Transfer salmon to a large serving platter. Sprinkle salmon with pistachio mixture. Garnish with extra coriander leaves and serve with herb chutney on the side.
To remove bones, drape fish over an upturned bowl. The convex shape reveals the bones, so they’re easier to remove with tweezers.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 28.7g
–Saturated fat 5.2g
Dietary fibre 3.2g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information