Smoked salmon and goat’s cheese fritters
- 100g soft goat’s cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 125g spring greens, stalks removed and discarded, leaves shredded
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- ¾ cup frozen peas
- 500g floury potatoes, roughly chopped, steamed, then chilled overnight
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons plain flourall purpose flourX, plus extra to dust
- olive oil spray
- 200g smoked salmon, torn
1 Put the goat’s cheese, chives and parsley in a small bowl and stir to combine. Cover with clingfilm and keep in the fridge until ready to serve.
2 Put the greens, spring onions and peas in a pan with 1 tablespoon water and cook for 2–3 min over a medium heat until tender.
3 Put the cooked potato in a large bowl and mash roughly, then stir through the egg and vegetables. Fold in the 3 tablespoons flour, then divide the mixture into 8, forming into patties using lightly floured hands.
4 Spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and set over a medium heat. Lightly dust both sides of the patties with flour, then cook, in batches if necessary, over a low–medium heat for 3–4 min on each side until golden.
Serve the warm fritters topped with smoked salmon pieces and a spoonful of herby goat’s cheese
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13g
–Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 5g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information