Beef involtini with currants and pine nuts
- 500g potatoes, cut in 1.5cm pieces
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 8 slices (500g) thin beef schnitzel
- zest and juice of 1 lemon, plus extra lemon wedges, to serve
- 1 tablespoon currants
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 cups steamed green beans, to serve
- 2 cups steamed broccolini or broccoli, to serve
1 Boil potatoes for 6–8 minutes, or until just tender. Drain well.
2 Heat half the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Gently fry potatoes for 10 minutes, or until tender, golden and crisp. Transfer to a serving plate and cover with a sheet of foil to keep warm.
3 Place beef on a clean work surface. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice, then scatter with lemon zest, currants, pine nuts and 2 tablespoons of the parsley. Carefully roll up to enclose filling. Secure with string or a toothpick, if needed.
4 Heat remaining oil in the same pan over medium-high heat. Cook beef, turning, for 4–5 minutes, or until browned and cooked as desired.
5 Drizzle steamed greens with remaining lemon juice. Slice beef rolls and serve with potatoes, greens, remaining parsley and lemon wedges.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 21g
Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 6g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.