Beetroot, chickpea, feta and lamb salad with tamarind dressing
- 250g cooked, packaged beetrootbeetsX (we used LeaderBrand), cut in quarters
- ½ 400g can no-added-salt chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, drained and rinsed
- 1 carrot, peeled in ribbons
- 2 cups rocketarugulaX leaves
- 2 radishes, finely sliced
- 60g crumbled feta
- spray oil
- 250g lamb leg steaks
- fresh mint and coriandercilantroX, to garnish (optional)
- ¼ cup lemon or lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tamarind paste
- 1 teaspoon date syrup
1 In a bowl, place beetroot, chickpeas, carrot, rocket, radish and lentils and mix well.
2 In another bowl, combine dressing ingredients and add to vege mixture, gently stirring.
3 Spray a pan with oil and set over a high heat. Add lamb steaks and cook, turning, for 2-3 minutes each side for medium rare. Remove from pan, rest for 5 minutes, then slice.
4 Serve salad topped with lamb, feta and herbs.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 23g
–Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 12g
Make it gluten free: Check tamarind paste is gluten free.
Make it vegan: Replace feta with Angelfood feta alternative or Savour Casheta Cashew Cheese. Use Fry’s Chargrilled Beefstyle Strips instead of lamb steaks and cook according to packet instructions.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us