Ginger chilli beef with broccoliReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- ¼ cup white wine or sherry
- 1 teaspoon cornflourcornstarchX
- 2 tablespoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- 250g beef steak, in 2cm strips
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3 cups broccoli florets and sliced stalks
- 2 cups sliced green beans
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 5cm piece ginger, thinly sliced
- 1 red chilli, thinly sliced (remove seeds and ribs if you like less heat), plus extra to garnish (optional)
- 1½ cups cooked wholemeal
- couscous, quinoa or brown rice, to serve
1 In a bowl, combine wine, cornflour, soy sauce and 2 tablespoons water. Add beef and stir to coat.
2 In a large frying pan, heat 1 teaspoon of the oil over high. Remove beef from marinade (reserving marinade) and fry, stirring, for 2 minutes, or until browned and just cooked. Remove from pan and set aside.
3 Add remaining oil to pan. Add broccoli, beans, spring onions and ginger and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes. Add ¼ cup water to pan and toss veges, letting water evaporate. Reduce heat to medium and add beef back to pan, along with remaining marinade and chilli. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds to combine and cook out the cornflour.
4 Serve beef and broccoli on couscous. Garnish with extra chilli.
Make it vegan: Use strips of firm tofu or vegan beef alternative. Check the white wine or sherry is vegan.
Make it gluten free: Use quinoa or brown rice and check cornflour and soy sauce are gluten free.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 14g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 14g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information