Chicken and fennel bake
(at time of publication)
- ½ leek (green and white parts), thinly sliced
- ½ bulb fennel, thinly sliced
- 2 (250g) potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 (about 320g) skinless chicken thigh cutlets, bone in
- 1 ½ cups salt-reduced chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- zest of 1 lemon
- spray oil
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan
- freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups rocketarugulaX or salad leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Place leek, fennel and potatoes in the bottom of a roasting dish.
- Place chicken thighs on top of vegetables. Mix stock and mustard together and pour over everything. Sprinkle with lemon zest. Spray with oil and place in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove and sprinkle parmesan over bake, then return to oven for a further 10 minutes, or until veges are soft and chicken is cooked. Season with pepper.
- Mix olive oil, vinegar and pepper to make vinaigrette. Dress rocket and serve with chicken and fennel bake.
Make it gluten free: Check stock and mustard are gluten free.
Use the other half of the leek in the Fresh tomato puttanesca recipe.
This recipe is from our Weeknight meal planner feature – everything you need for four nights of delicious, nutritionist-approved meals for two, for under $74. Just grab the shopping list and you’re all set!
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 27g
–Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.