Chicken, broccoli and mushroom stir-fry
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 200g rice stick noodles
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 400g skinless chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, cut in thin wedges
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, cut in thin matchsticks
- 150g mushrooms, halved
- 200g green beans, trimmed, cut in 4cm lengths
- 1 head broccoli, top and stalk, sliced
- 2 cups spinach leaves, washed, sliced
Total fat 5g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 5g
1 In a small bowl combine soy and barbecue sauces and water. Set aside. Place noodles in a large bowl. Cover with boiling water and set aside to soak for 5 minutes. Drain well.
2 Meanwhile, heat half the oil in a wok or frying pan over a high heat. Cook chicken in batches for 2–3 minutes or until golden. Remove from wok and set aside.
3 Return wok to a high heat. Add the remaining oil, onion and ginger. Stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms. Stir-fry for 1 minute then add beans and broccoli. Stir-fry for 2 more minutes.
4 Return chicken to wok with spinach, noodles and combined sauces. Toss until everything is coated and spinach is just wilted. Serve immediately.