Chicken, chilli and coriander burgers
(at time of publication)
- 500g chicken breast mince
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped, plus extra sliced chilli to garnish (optional)
- ¹/³ cup finely chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- black pepper
- spray oil
- 360g cherry tomatoes
- 4 wholegrain sourdough rolls, split
- 4 iceberg lettuce leaves
- 1 large carrot, grated or spiralised
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, sliced lengthways into thin ribbons
- fresh coriandercilantroX
1 Line a baking tray with baking paper. In a large bowl, combine chicken, chilli, coriander, garlic and shallots. Season with cracked black pepper. Form mixture into 4 patties, place onto the tray. Cover and chill for 20 minutes.
2 Preheat a greased barbecue hotplate to medium. Barbecue patties for 5-6 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Spray tomatoes with olive oil and barbecue for 7-8 minutes until tender. Transfer patties and tomatoes to a plate and keep warm. Spray rolls with oil and barbecue for a few minutes on each side until slightly charred.
3 Top bun bases with lettuce, carrot, cucumber and a chicken patty. Sprinkle over coriander and sliced chilli, if using. Drizzle with sriracha and serve with tomatoes.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free rolls and check sriracha is gluten free.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 5g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information