Chicken, chilli and coriander burgers
Time to make: 35 mins , plus 20 mins chilling
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 500g chicken breast mince
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped, plus extra sliced chilli to garnish (optional)
- ¹/³ cup finely chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- black pepper
- spray oil
- 360g cherry tomatoes
- 4 wholegrain sourdough rolls, split
- 4 iceberg lettuce leaves
- 1 large carrot, grated or spiralised
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, sliced lengthways into thin ribbons
- fresh coriandercilantroX
Total fat 10g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 5g
1 Line a baking tray with baking paper. In a large bowl, combine chicken, chilli, coriander, garlic and shallots. Season with cracked black pepper. Form mixture into 4 patties, place onto the tray. Cover and chill for 20 minutes.
2 Preheat a greased barbecue hotplate to medium. Barbecue patties for 5-6 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Spray tomatoes with olive oil and barbecue for 7-8 minutes until tender. Transfer patties and tomatoes to a plate and keep warm. Spray rolls with oil and barbecue for a few minutes on each side until slightly charred.
3 Top bun bases with lettuce, carrot, cucumber and a chicken patty. Sprinkle over coriander and sliced chilli, if using. Drizzle with sriracha and serve with tomatoes.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free rolls and check sriracha is gluten free.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us