Crispy noodle and chicken salad
(at time of publication)
- 500g Chinese cabbage, outer leaves removed, trimmed
- 4 spring onions, trimmed, thinly sliced diagonally
- 2 stalks celery, trimmed, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 small red capsicum, seeded, thinly sliced
- 100g packet crispy noodles
- 2 cups (270g) finely shredded skinless cooked chicken
- ½ cup fresh coriandercilantroX, plus extra to garnish
- ¼ cup Chinese rice wine
- 1 tablespoon salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon castor sugar
- Place salad ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Toss to combine.
- To make dressing, place ingredients in a small bowl and stir to dissolve the sugar. Set aside.
- Add dressing just before serving. Gently toss. Divide among 3 bowls. Serve topped with extra coriander.
Make it gluten free: Use rice noodles instead of egg noodles, and gluten-free tamari instead of soy sauce.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 8g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 3g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information