Crunchy nut slaw with feta and chickpeas
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, chopped into small cubes (I used Puhoi Valley)
- 410g can chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, drained and rinsed
- 1 large handful red cabbage, finely chopped
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup crunchy bean combo (mix of sprouts and beans, available from the vege section at the supermarket and health food stores)
- 3 tablespoons roughly chopped walnuts
- 1 medium carrot, coarsely grated
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 red apples, sliced (no need to peel them)
- 1 large handful rocketarugulaX
- 1 large handful flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 4 tablespoons low-fat unsweetened natural yoghurt
- 4 pieces toasted pita bread
Total fat 19g
Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 11g
1 Put the feta, chickpeas, cabbage, spring onions, bean combo, walnuts, carrot, pumpkin seeds, apple, rocket and parsley into a large bowl. Add the yoghurt and stir well.
2 Serve on a large platter with pieces of toasted pita bread.
Serve as a main meal with toasted pitas or bread sticks.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us