Egg net omelette with spicy pork and veges
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 3 teaspoons sesame oil
- 500g pork mince
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped ginger
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 cups finely chopped broccoli
- 4 cups finely chopped mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 carrots, julienned or peeled in ribbons
- 1 cup sweet corn sweetcornXkernels
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- sliced fresh chilli, to garnish (optional)
Total fat 17g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 7g
- In a large frying pan over medium-high, heat 1 teaspoon of the sesame oil. Add pork mince and stir-fry until browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add another teaspoon of the oil. Add garlic, ginger, chives, broccoli and mushrooms and stir-fry for about 8 minutes, or until veges are tender. Add pork to pan. Add sweet chilli and oyster sauces, plus 1/2 cup water. Stir to combine and add carrot and sweetcorn. Cook until water is absorbed. Set pan aside and keep warm.
- In a smaller pan, heat remaining sesame oil over high. Strain beaten egg using a small fine mesh strainer. Transfer mixture to a jug or a squeeze bottle. Drizzle 1/4 of the egg mixture into pan in a lattice pattern and leave to cook. You can turn the net over to brown both sides, but it will cook through without turning. Repeat to make 4 separate egg nets.
- To serve, place each egg net on a plate. Spoon pork mixture over one half then fold egg net over the top. Serve extra pork mixture on the side. Garnish with fresh chillies (if desired).
Cutting dairy out of your diet for health reasons or because you’re vegan doesn’t have to be a chore. Healthy Food Guide has an extensive collection of healthy dairy-free recipes to make the transition easy and delicious. Having type 2 diabetes, or pre-diabetes, doesn't mean you can't enjoy amazing food! Here are hundreds of healthy and delicious type-2 diabetes-friendly recipes. Browse hundreds of recipes with a gluten-free option. Easy and healthy gluten free meals, delicious cakes and desserts. Browse hundreds of high-fibre recipes. Delicious and healthy meal ideas with high fibre ingredients. Browse hundreds of high-protein recipes. Boost your protein intake with our delicious and healthy meal ideas. Browse hundreds of low-kilojoule recipes. Delicious low-kilojoule/calorie meal and snack ideas. Browse hundreds of low sodium recipes. Lower your sodium intake with delicious and healthy meal ideas.
Make it gluten free: Check sauces are gluten free.
Author: Niki Bezzant -
Photographer: Bryce Carleton
First published: Mar 20182018-02-15 10:59:56
Ready to put your health first?
© Healthy Life Media LimitedAll rights reservedReproduction without permission prohibited