Fruity frozen yoghurt
- 1kg low-fat vanilla yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- ¼ cup icingfrostingX sugar, sifted (see tips)
- 10 canned apricot halves in juice, drained and thinly sliced (see tips)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, plus extra to decorate
- ¼ cup finely chopped pistachios, plus extra to decorate
- 1 kiwifruit, finely chopped
1 Line a 7cm-deep, 9cm x 25cm loaf tin with baking paper, allowing an overhang of 5cm on the 2 long sides.
2 In a large bowl, combine yoghurt, lemon juice and zest, and icing sugar. Fold in apricots, blueberries, pistachios and kiwifruit. Pour into prepared tin. Smooth the top. Cover and freeze overnight.
3 Remove tin from freezer 20 minutes prior to serving to allow yoghurt to soften slightly. To serve, turn frozen yoghurt out onto a serving platter and top with chopped pistachios and extra blueberries.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 2g
–Saturated fat 0g
Dietary fibre 2g
Use fresh apricots if you prefer.
You can omit the icing sugar in this recipe, but the frozen yoghurt will have a slightly icy texture.
Make it vegan: Use a vegan yoghurt, such as Tonzu vanilla soy yoghurt.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us