Green goodness salad
- ¼ avocado
- ½ teaspoon capers
- ¼ cup mixed fresh basil and fresh parsley leaves
- ¼ cup low-fat plain yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon zest of lemon
- pinch of pepper
- ½ Lebanese cucumber, peeled in ribbons or julienned
- 1 courgette, cut in ribbons or julienned
- ¼ cup cooked peas
- 1 stick celery, chopped
- ¾ cup canned cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 cup baby cos lettuce, roughly torn
- handful fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons wasabi peas, roughly chopped
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Combine dressing ingredients in a blender or processor and blend until smooth. Place dressing in bottom of jar.
2 Layer salad ingredients in a 750ml-900ml jar in the order listed. Screw lid on tightly.
3 To eat, tip salad into a large bowl and mix well to combine.
Find wasabi-flavoured peas in Asian supermarkets or the Japanese food section in supermarkets.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 11g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 18g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.