Green goodness salad
- 1/4 avocado
- 1/2 teaspoon capers
- 1/4 cup mixed fresh basil and fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup low-fat plain yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- pinch of pepper
- 1/2 Lebanese cucumber, peeled in ribbons or julienned
- 1 courgette, cut in ribbons or julienned
- 1/4 cup cooked peas
- 1 stick celery, chopped
- 3/4 cup canned cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 cup baby cos lettuce, roughly torn
- handful fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons wasabi peas, roughly chopped
1 Combine dressing ingredients in a blender or processor and blend until smooth. Place dressing in bottom of jar.
2 Layer salad ingredients in a 750ml-900ml jar in the order listed. Screw lid on tightly.
3 To eat, tip salad into a large bowl and mix well to combine.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 11g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 18g
Find wasabi-flavoured peas in Asian supermarkets or the Japanese food section in supermarkets.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.