Haloumi pasta salad
- 300g wholemeal pasta (penne or rigotoni)
- 80g haloumi
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint, plus a few sprigs to garnish
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped or 2 teaspoons chilli flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 x 250g punnets cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 cup chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, rinsed and drained
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Add pasta and cook according to packet directions. Set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl place haloumi, mint, chilli and half the oil. Stir to coat and set aside to marinate.
- In a large salad bowl combine garlic, balsamic vinegar and remaining oil. Add tomatoes, avocado, chickpeas, spring onions and pasta, and toss to coat.
- Set a pan over medium-high heat. Cook haloumi for 1 minute each side, until golden brown. Cut into chunks and add to pasta. Toss lightly.
- To serve, divide pasta salad among 4 plates. Garnish with mint and freshly ground black pepper.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 27g
Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 14g
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pasta.
Make a hummus with any remaining chickpeas by whizzing in the blender with a little olive oil, seasoning and lemon juice.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us