Herby meatballs with spaghetti and tomato sauce
(at time of publication)
- olive spray oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 slices whole grain bread, made into crumbs
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- ½ teaspoon chilli flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 500g lean beef mince
- Tomato sauce
- 400g can diced, flavoured tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- ¼ cup red wine (optional)
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Spray a pan with oil. Gently fry onion and garlic until soft.
2 Place in a large bowl. Add all the remaining ingredients and using your hands, mix well. Shape into balls and place in an oven dish. Bake for 20-30 minutes until cooked through.
2 To make sauce, place all ingredients in a pot. Simmer for 20 minutes until slightly reduced. Serve meatballs with spaghetti and sauce on top.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 12g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 3g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.