Honey-roasted pumpkin and persimmon salad
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 240g pumpkin, peeled, cut in small chunks or yams, chopped (2 cups)
- 1 large red onion, sliced in 5mm rings
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons shelled walnuts
- 2 persimmons, thinly sliced
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 50g feta, roughly crumbled
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- black pepper, to garnish
Total fat 26g
Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 7g
- Preheat oven to 200°C. In a baking dish lined with baking paper place pumpkin and onion. Combine honey, paprika and half the olive oil. Drizzle over veges then roast for 25-30 minutes, until soft and collapsing.
- Heat a pan over a medium-high heat. Add walnuts and dry toast for 2 minutes, or until toasted. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine persimmons, spinach leaves, feta and walnuts. Combine remaining olive oil with balsamic to make dressing. Drizzle over salad and mix well.
- Divide salad between plates and add pumpkin and onion. Garnish with pepper and serve.
Make it gluten free: Check paprika is gluten free.
Make it vegan: Replace honey with maple syrup and replace feta with Sheese Greek-style vegan cheese.
This recipe is from our Weeknight meal planner feature – everything you need for four nights of delicious, nutritionist-approved meals for two, for under $112. Just grab the shopping list and you’re ready!
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us