Honeyed ricotta, beetroot and thyme fritters with smoked salmon
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, plus 1 teaspoon extra to garnish
- 2 medium beetrootbeetsX, peeled, grated
- ½ cup ricotta, plus ¼ cup extra to serve
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- ¼ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 slices smoked salmon, to serve
- 2 cups baby rocketarugulaX, to serve
1 In a small pan, warm honey and thyme over a low heat, without boiling, for about 30 seconds. Set aside.
2 In a large bowl, place beetroot, ricotta, flour, parsley and eggs. Stir to combine. Season with pepper.
3 In a large non-stick frying pan, heat oil over medium-high. Cook ¼-cupfuls of the beetroot mixture, in batches for 2-3 minutes each side, or until fritters are golden, to make 12 fritters.
4 Divide fritters among 4 plates. Top each with a little crumbled ricotta, smoked salmon and rocket. Drizzle with infused honey and garnish with remaining thyme. Serve.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free flour.
Enjoy any leftover fritters for lunch, heated or cold, during the week.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 28g
–Saturated fat 8g
Dietary fibre 4g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.