Honeyed ricotta, beetroot and thyme fritters with smoked salmon
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, plus 1 teaspoon extra to garnish
- 2 medium beetrootbeetsX, peeled, grated
- ½ cup ricotta, plus ¼ cup extra to serve
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- ¼ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 slices smoked salmon, to serve
- 2 cups baby rocketarugulaX, to serve
Total fat 28g
Saturated fat 8g
Dietary fibre 4g
1 In a small pan, warm honey and thyme over a low heat, without boiling, for about 30 seconds. Set aside.
2 In a large bowl, place beetroot, ricotta, flour, parsley and eggs. Stir to combine. Season with pepper.
3 In a large non-stick frying pan, heat oil over medium-high. Cook ¼-cupfuls of the beetroot mixture, in batches for 2-3 minutes each side, or until fritters are golden, to make 12 fritters.
4 Divide fritters among 4 plates. Top each with a little crumbled ricotta, smoked salmon and rocket. Drizzle with infused honey and garnish with remaining thyme. Serve.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free flour.
Enjoy any leftover fritters for lunch, heated or cold, during the week.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us