Jerk glazed salmon with Caribbean courgette slaw and brown rice
Time to make: 1 hr 5 mins , excluding time to make marinade
( Hands-on time: 25 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 400g salmon fillets, skin off
- jerk marinade
- 3 courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, cored, deseeded, cut in thin slices
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 2 spring onions, sliced thin diagonally
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- juice of 1/2 lime
- salt and cracked black pepper, to season
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- fresh coriandercilantroX leaves, to garnish
Total fat 31g
Saturated fat 8g
Dietary fibre 6g
1 Heat oven on grill to medium-high. Line a baking tray with foil, place salmon fillets on tray and generously brush each piece with jerk marinade. Cook for 10 minutes on top rack until nicely caramelised. Salmon should be just cooked, still pink in the middle.
2 To make slaw, in a bowl toss capsicum, carrot and spring onion with vinegar, oil and lime juice. Season to taste. Serve with freshly cooked salmon and rice. Garnish with coriander.
If you can’t find limes, use packaged lime juice instead, or lemon.
Make it gluten free: Check ground spices and soy sauce (in jerk marinade) are gluten free.
Click here for Jerk marinade recipe.