Jerk spiced tofu and vege kebabs on brown rice
Time to make: 35 mins , plus 3-4 hrs marinating
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- jerk marinade
- 8 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 20 minutes
- 300g pack firm-style tofu, rinsed and patted dry, cut in medium pieces
- 2 red capsicums, cored, deseeded, cut in medium pieces
- 2 courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, chopped
- 1 large red onion, chopped in medium pieces
- 2 1/2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 1 lime, quartered (optional)
Total fat 11g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 9g
- Thread tofu, capsicum, courgette and onion onto skewers. Place in a dish and pour half the jerk marinade over, generously covering. Marinate for 3-4 hours, covered, in the fridge.
- Cook skewers on a barbecue hotplate or stovetop pan for 5-6 minutes each side, or until nicely caramelised and tender.
- Serve skewers on rice with spring onion and a lime wedge (if using).
Make it gluten free: Check ground spices and soy sauce (in jerk marinade) and tofu are gluten free.
Click here for Jerk marinade recipe.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us